Monday, March 11, 2013

Revlon Red

Ciao Adventurers!
Today I went back in school after a surprise long weekend and my life is picking back up again! Have you tried out any of my suggestions in my 'Weekly Review'? I for one am very excited for this weekend since I will be in New York City! For a Monday post I thought I would review a great, but affordable nail polish! Today's review is of Revlon Red (number 680).


Since this is a red nail polish I first applied a base coat. My nails are quite testy and like to stain easily so a base coat is important when applying reds, dark blues, dark purples, etc. I also have nails that are prone to breaking quickly, don't they sound quite lovely? I am making them sound much harder to live with than they are! To help with both of these problems I used the Essie grow stronger nail polish. This is great even just as a plain nail polish if you need to strengthen your nails a little bit or if you want a pale pink polish.

After applying the base coat I applied two coats of the Revlon nail polish. I found it was best to get a little bit of nail polish on the brush and then start in the middle of the nail. From there I thought it worked well to place the tip of the brush at the cuticle and slowly paint towards the top of the nail. I like to classify my self as a hard-core right-y with a left hand that has a mind of its own. So I was thrilled that this technique worked very well when applying the polish with my left hand!


I also think that a top coat is important if I want my nail polish to last almost a full week (when I've done it on my own). I am a fan of all Sally Hansen top coats. The 'Insta-Dry' version is great for the girls who, like me, are impatient waiting for their nails to dry! (Fun Fact- When doing your nails at home if you place them in sunlight they will drive faster!) With the base coat, two coats of polish, and the top coat I find this is a great nail polish! I have had this nail polish for quite some time and love the color pay off. It is not too bright or too dark but just the right combination. I also like that it is not really orange-y or pink-y. I am very pale, with freckles, and auburn hair so I tend to shy away from the orange family with makeup, nail polish, and clothes. (Ironically, I love my red Urban Outfitters skirt, red Toms, and my Revlon Red nail polish! I still do not like red tops for me though.)



So what do you all think of Revlon Red? Do you think you will try it out? Comment below with your thoughts!

Please leave suggestions for any posts you would like to see and please follow if you like my blog!

Until next time, I wish you all a week filled with adventure!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment