Monday, November 3, 2014

A Blog Adventure Reincarnate

"Life is full of surprises, one of which being this happy little blog. I'm 17 and, as my 'about me' will say, I'm a first time blogger and a full time lover of life! There is beauty in the world all around us, that is what this blog is about. Living in rural America there is no shortage of nature, and plenty of love for it as well. Growing up for me has always been about pursuing the things I love. There are many things I love in my life, from makeup to music to friends, nature, and travel. Naturally, my next thought was, "Why not share my life with the rest of the world?!" If you're interested, I would love for you to follow me throughout my life journey (I know, I know it sounds cheesey). I can't make any promises about what I'm going to write, but I hope it will be good and that you will enjoy it!"

I wrote that on March 7, 2013. It was a great day- a snow day. I distinctly remember sitting on my bed that morning eagerly typing the words and not believing that I was actually starting a blog, something I had been thinking about for months. This was written almost two years ago and I've got to be honest things really have changed since then. Now I'm going on 19, living at college and thinking I want to start sharing things on this blog again. I'm not saying that everything has changed, at all. Of course I'm still the same person, belong to the same family, have the some of the same friends from home (although I've gotten more at college), and most importantly I still believe everything I wrote two years ago in that first blog post. 


I decided at the time that I wanted to focus the blog on one specific thing, which became beauty. But what I found was that while I love watching makeup videos and reading blogs, I'm not creative enough with makeup, don't wear enough makeup, and don't know nearly enough about it to dedicate a whole blog to it. 


So in comes current Emily - older and wiser as they say. Quote from past Emily "There is beauty in the world all around us, that is what this blog is about. ... There are many things I love in life, from makeup to music to friends, nature, and travel." That was me two years ago and that's still me now. I'm not going to try and make this blog something it's not or me into something I'm not. I'm going to write what I feel, write what I love and hopefully in the process I'll love what I write on this "happy little blog". And that's just that. 


Love to you always adventurers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment