Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review Time

Ciao Adventurers!
Welcome back for another review! I know, you must be shocked to be hearing from me twice in one week! I am still apologizing for being gone for so long but I find the best apology is action, so here I am, acting on blogging more!
For my review this week I decided to introduce you to one of my new favorite youtubers: leaf (Living Eating And Fashion).

As previously mentioned the channel features videos about living, eating and fashion. The videos are all under three minutes at the most, although the majority is under two.  As much as I hate to admit it, okay I don’t really hate it (the videos are great!), the night I discovered their channel I stayed up until 2 a.m. watching video after video (oops!).

The photo pictured above is of their tutorial for iced chai, which as you all now is my not so secret addiction! I haven’t tried it yet but I cannot wait to do so! I think the best part of the videos is that they are short and sweet and all of the tutorials are very easy to follow, with great results! I tried the tutorial for ombre cupcakes.

To make these cupcakes I used a boxed cupcake mix and two jars of frosting that I separated into four bowls, using food dye to make four different variations of color from dark to light. I also bought piping bags to make it easier to do the coloring. To use the piping bags I would suggest holding the bag higher up and hold the tip farther away from the cupcake so that the swirls come out more evenly. When I make these again I think I might try making homemade frosting or cupcakes (or both!). 

So adventurers, let me know if you check out leaf or try any of their tutorials!
Until next time have a week filled with adventure and may the odds be ever in your favor.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment